Founded in 2011, XenoGesis has grown to over 25 employees and is now the UK’s largest independent laboratory-based contract research organisation, specialising in preclinical drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK). We have recently moved to state of the art lab and office space and continue to invest in the latest cutting-edge technology, ensuring the best possible service for our global client base. We are based in BioCity in Nottingham.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we respectfully ask for no recruitment agencies.
Modelling and Simulation Senior Scientist
XenoGesis is looking for an exceptional Modelling and Simulation Senior Scientist to support client projects from early discovery stages through to clinical trials. The successful applicant will develop, implement and validate models using pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo data with the ultimate aim of providing a robust prediction of human pharmacokinetics and efficacious dose.
Technical skills required
- Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modelling and simulation
- Thorough understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics (non-compartmental, compartmental, PBPK) and the use of pre-clinical data for human efficacious dose prediction
- Proficient in the use of software and applications in the area of PKPD modelling and simulation (Phoenix, MATLAB, Berkeley-Madonna, R, NONMEM or comparable applications)
- Proficiency in PBPK modelling software, such as GastroPlus, SimCYP or PK-Sim
- Develop/code and validate mathematical PK/PD/Biomarker/Efficacy models to elucidate the quantitative PK/PD relationships in pre-clinical species
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarise outcomes in a clear and concise manner
Our ideal candidate will have industrial experience in the use of modelling and simulation to support drug discovery as well as either a BSc, MSc or PhD in pharmacometrics, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, mathematics or systems biology.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Benefits: XenoGesis offers a great range of benefits to include 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays, company sick pay, cycle to work scheme, annual bonus based on targets, work place pension scheme, modern laboratories and offices in the heart of Nottingham.
No recruitment agencies please!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team and welcome applications even if we are not advertising a specific role.