Founded in 2011, XenoGesis has grown to over 30 employees and is now the UK’s largest independent laboratory-based contract research organisation specialising in preclinical drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK). We have recently moved to state of the art lab and office space and continue to invest in the latest cutting-edge technology, ensuring the best possible service for our global client base. We are based at BioCity in Nottingham and Alderley Park in Cheshire.
Please apply by email to email@example.com and we respectfully ask for no recruitment agencies.
DMPK Modelling and Simulation Senior Scientist – PK/PD
Nottingham, Cheshire or UK home based
Competitive salary and benefits
Permanent, full time/36.25 hours per week
XenoGesis is looking for an exceptional DMPK Modelling and Simulation Senior Scientist to support client projects from early discovery stages through to clinical trials. The successful applicant will be responsible for the modelling and simulation strategy for all client projects. This will include developing, implementing and validating PK and PK/PD models using pre-clinical in vitro and in vivo data with the ultimate aim of providing a robust prediction of human pharmacokinetics and efficacious dose.
The successful applicant will be involved in the mentoring and training of other members within the group as well as building the modelling and simulation team in line with the development of the business.
This role can be located either in Nottingham or Cheshire, or home based within the UK.
Requirements for our ideal candidate:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in pharmacometrics, pharmaceutical sciences, engineering, mathematics or systems biology
- At least 5 years industrial experience in the use of modelling and simulation to support drug discovery
- Excellent understanding of the theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modelling and simulation
- Thorough understanding of the basic principles of pharmacokinetics and experience in the use of pre-clinical data for human efficacious dose prediction
- Proficient in the use of software and applications in the area of PK/PD modelling and simulation (e.g. Phoenix, MATLAB, Berkeley-Madonna, R, NONMEM or comparable applications)
- Experience in PBPK modelling software, such as GastroPlus, SimCYP or PK-Sim
- Ability to develop, code and validate mathematical PK/PD, biomarker and efficacy models to elucidate the quantitative PK/PD relationships in pre-clinical species
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarise outcomes in a clear and concise manner
If you are interested and wish to discuss this role further, please call Simeon Ractliffe in confidence on 0115 698 0303 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date Friday 2nd August 2019
XenoGesis offers a competitive salary with a range of benefits to include 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, company sick pay, annual bonus based on targets, work place pension scheme, life assurance and cycle to work scheme.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team and welcome applications even if we are not advertising a specific role.